🌟 Best practice for setting up Goals (KPI's)
- Don't set too many - recommend somewhere between 3 and 5. The purpose of Goals is to find actions that correlate with more placements and more revenue and if you're measuring too many action types, it'll be difficult to find the Goals that actually correlate with increased revenue/growth.
- Don't give too many options on Goals #1-#26: more choice = less likely to select any options/correct option
- Accept that it might take time - once you're measuring the right Goals and have calibrated your targets correctly, the Goals Dashboard will be an invaluable performance management tool - but note that it may take some time to find the right Goals and to set the right targets (2-3 months).
How to Set up Goals
- First head to Settings and select 'Goal Console'
2. In the Goal Library of the Goal Console, you can customize the Goals in three ways:
A) Edit the action name associated with a Goal - this will measure the Goals but means that users will see a different name for the Goals when registering an action
B) Choose whether an action is registered as a Goal
C) Choose whether the action associated with the Goal appears as an action option for users
P.S. This is what the Action List refers to (when adding a task, meeting or comment in Vincere)
3. Once you have set up your Goals in the Goal Library, hit 'Set target' at the top or 'Next' at the bottom of the page to set up targets for each Goal. Learn how to setup targets for your users here.
Further explanation of the different types of Goals
Goals #27- #51 will be tracked automatically by the system if:
(a) the Goal is turned on
(b) a user has a target set for this Goal e.g. if someone has targeted for new Candidates, Vincere will automatically give them one new Candidate Goal point when they save a new Candidate into the system
These actions are built into the default Vincere workflows = getting credit for the action requires nothing more than completing the action - easy
🔥 PRO TIPS:
1. Goal #44. NFI / Fees /Margin | All needs to be activated for Benchmarks view of Goal Dashboard to give you useful info
2. Goals #1 - #26 are measured when someone adds a task, meeting, or comment into the system and selects the relevant action from the Actions dropdown list. You need to ensure
(a) you have activated the Goal
(b) you have activated the Goal in action list
If the Activate in action list toggle is not turned ON, the user cannot select the Goal action when adding a comment, task, or meeting which means they have no way of getting credit for the goal.
👉 Check out how to track meetings and calls here.
Job Lead Goals (#47 - 48) - What's a Job Lead?
More goals are now available in the Goal Console allowing you to set job leads, conversion targets and deals (new/won/revenue) out-of-the-box:
- Job leads | New
- Job leads converted (Converted to Jobs)
- Deals - New
- Deals - Won
- Deals - Revenue
⭐ PRO TIP: Once you've set up your Goals head over here to learn more about how to track Goals in Vincere Intelligence.
🎤 TOP TIP from our customers (Ryan Cleland-Bogle, Founder @ Tempting Ventures) For both business owners and employees, the solution is to track one key Goal; New first-round interviews per week.
This Goal ensures three things:
- That there is consistency in new deals coming into your pipeline.
- That each candidate gets as many interviews as possible – adding competitive tension with clients and increasing the likelihood that any of those deals will happen.
- That consultants are refining their process with each client and candidate interaction as possible, to increase the % chance of a placement
Stay tuned for more top tips from our customers.
So get those Goals setup for your team and let's start growing your business with Vincere! 👻 #TheVincereWay