What is Multi-Factor Authentication?
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is a security enhancement that requires the user to provide two or more verification credentials in order to gain access into the system. (MFA) provides security layers for organizations and enables them to verify the identities of users before they are granted access.
Click on the link below ⏬ to skip to the section you're interested in:
How to Enable MFA in Vinny?
1. Admin users need to enable MFA in the Admin Settings page.
2. Head over to the Settings menu, select Admin Settings and go to Multi-Factor Authentication on the General Settings tab then toggle on MFA.
3. Once MFA is enabled, all users are required to set up MFA and a pop up will appear prompting users to set up MFA.
How to Set up MFA?
1. Click ‘Set Up’ on the dialog box. If you wish to set this up later, simply go to User Settings located at the top right part of your Vinny account, scroll down and click Set up MFA.
2. Once done, you will be redirected to the Access Identity page.
3. If you are a brand-new user to Access Identity and MFA, create a new account and set up your password.
4. After you have created your account and your password, click on Set my Password.
5. You will then be able to set up the Two-factor authentication. Click ‘Get started with Two-Factor authentication’.
6. You can choose how you want to use two-factor authentication by these factors:
Use an authenticator app - ✨Highly recommended ✨
Use a FIDO2 or U2F authenticator
Receive a text message (Note that this will be highly dependent on your service provider)
7. Choose which option to use and enable two-factor authentication.
8. Once done, the Two-Factor Authentication will be enabled.
It's important to keep these codes somewhere safe because if you are unable to receive SMS messages or lose both your phone and your backup codes you may be unable to sign into your account.
Keep these somewhere accessible. Each code can only be used once.
How to Sign in with MFA?
1. If you have setup MFA, you will be redirected to Access Identity to complete the Sign In process when logging in to your Vinny account.
2. Choose a method and hit Next.
3. Enter the verification code and click on Sign in.
4. You will then be able to access your Vinny account.
How to Forgot password?
Note: Once you are using MFA, your sign in credentials will link to your Access Identity.
1. If MFA was enabled and you forgot your password, you will be redirected to Access Identity. Click on ‘Forgot your password’.
2. Tick the CAPTCHA verification and click ‘Send me the link’.
3. Once done, a link will be sent to your email with the guide on how to reset your password.
How to Change your password?
1. If you have set up MFA, go to User Settings in Vincere and click on Change Password.
2. You will be redirected to the Access Identity page and be able to change your password.
How to Sign Out?
1. To sign out from Vinny, go to User Settings and click Sign Out.
2. If you want to sign out of Vinny, you will also have the option to Sign out of Access Identity.
3. To proceed, hit Sign out and then you will be signed out from your Access account.
*Access Identity is the authentication gateway for Access software.
Integrate with Access Identity for:
Single Sign-On and Sign-Out
And all other items related to authentication.
Any questions or if you need some help with any of the above, don't hesitate to get in touch with our superstar support team 🙌