No matter where you are or what you’re doing, you will always get informed with Vinny Notifications.
Read on to learn more about notifications in Vinny on your desktop and mobile devices and how they work.
This guide includes:
Click on the link ⏬ to skip to the section you're interested in:
How notifications work
You will receive push notifications on your computer and your mobile device.
All notifications are stored in the Bell icon between your Comms Hub icon and your User Profile once configured - see below on how to configure your Notification settings 👇.
Here’s when you’ll receive the notifications and who will receive them:
Who receive the notifications
New application / Application added internally
Job owner & Candidate owner
Job owner & Candidate owner
Shift accepted by Worker
New VinnyChat message*
Members of the groups or direct messages
How to configure notifications
1. From your Vincere account, click on Comms Hub on the top right corner next to the blue + Add icon. If you don’t have a Comms Hub account, you can then create a new username - simply follow the instructions on your screen.
❓ I can’t see Comms Hub on my Vincere account.
If you don't see the Comms Hub icon in your Vincrere account, your Admin Users will need to enable Comms Hub from Settings > Marketplace > Vincere Comms.
2. Click on the photo on the extreme top left corner of the Comms Hub to access your Notification settings
3. Click on Vincere Notifications, you can then choose which Activity notifications you’d like to receive on your desktop.
4. To mute specific notifications, toggle them OFF.
For example, if you don’t want to receive notifications of new applications coming to your Vincere database, toggle OFF the New Application notification.
5. To mute all notifications, toggle ON "Mute all notifications" at the top of the notification panel. This will then automatically stop the push notifications and mute the sound ‘Ding’.
6. NOTE: The first time you receive a notification from Vincere, your browser will request your permission to enable the push notification. Select Allow.
❓ How can I mute the Ding sound on my desktop?
i) From the Chrome menu at the top of your screen, select Settings
ii) Click Privacy and security in the left sidebar, then click Site Settings.
iii) Below Permissions, select Notifications.
iv) Look for your Vincere tenant URL, click on the arrow, locate Sound > Select Mute.
vi) Go back to your Vincere tenant, you will see a pop up asking you to Reload the site to apply the changes.
On Vincere Mobile App:
1. Open Vincere Mobile App on your phone device.
🔥 TIP: Have not installed Vincere Mobile App yet? Install now to access Vincere anywhere, anytime - click here to learn more.
2. Tap on the hamburger icon at the top left corner of your phone screen > click on Settings at the bottom
3. Select Notification Settings.
4. To mute specific notifications, tap on the switch to toggle OFF.
5. To mute all notifications, tap on the switch for "Mute all push notifications" to toggle ON. This will then automatically stop the push notifications and mute the sound ‘Ding’.
Notifications in Comms Hub
Keep you informed with all messages in Comms Hub.
Here’s when you’ll receive desktop and mobile notifications by default:
Someone sends you a direct message (Chat)
Someone notifies a channel you’re in
Someone @ mention you
Someone replies to a thread you're following
You receive a message from Vinnybot
When there is a new message in VinnyChat, you will see a numbered badge on your Comms Hub icon.
❓ How does Vincere count the number of new messages?
The numbered badge represents the number of conversations per user or per group and not the number of messages received in total.
For example, if you have 5 unread messages from the same teammate, Vincere will display number 1 on the Comms Hub icon.
You will receive push notifications when you’re on Vincere and have Comms Hub open.
Note: The first time you receive a notification from Vincere, your browser will request your permission to enable the push notification > select Allow.
When there’s unread activity in a chat (direct message) or a group, the conversation name will appear bold in your sidebar.
You’ll also see a numbered badge if someone mentions you.
❓ How to mute notifications from a group or a shout-out group?
From a group or a shout-out group, click on the ℹ️ icon on the right hand corner to see the group details > toggle OFF Notifications to mute notifications from this group.
You will receive an email alert when someone @mention you in a conversation or give shout-outs to you. Click on Open in VinnyChat to open the conversation.
How to troubleshoot notifications
Sometimes your browser or desktop settings could interfere with notifications. If you’re not receiving notifications even though you’ve set up the Notification settings in your Comms Hub, give these steps a try:
Check your browser settings
1. From the Chrome menu at the top of your screen, select Settings
2. Click Privacy and security in the left sidebar, then click Site Settings.
3. Below Permissions, select Notifications.
4. Look for your Vincere tenant URL. If the tenant URL is in the Block list, click on the three dots and choose Allow.
5. To troubleshoot Notification sound setting, click on the arrow, locate Sound > Select Allow
If the above steps didn’t resolve the issue, please take a recording of your browser settings, your notification settings inside Vinny Comms Hub and the issue and reach out to our Support team via the Help Center or at firstname.lastname@example.org.